- Reduces glare from the sun
- Reduces reflections on water, snow, sand and other surfaces
- Produces deep blue colored skies
- Increases color saturation on cool and warm tones
- Clear water can be seen through
- Limits the amount of light on extremely bright conditions
How does a polarizing filter work?
A linear polarizer selectively allows polarized light to pass on a certain plane. That’s what makes it different from a regular neutral density filter or a plain tinted film, as those will block all directions. Experiment holding this filter in front of a TV or LCD screen and rotating it!
The sun outputs randomly polarized light, that is, in all directions. As this light reflects on objects (i.e. snow on the ground, the surface of the water) or is scattered through the atmosphere, it becomes polarized on a given direction. Polarized filters block most of the undesirable reflected light to reduce glare, thus producing true color saturation and dramatic effects.
How to install our GoPro HERO4 and HERO3/3+ Polarizer?
EelVision filters are easy to install and remove! There is no need to unscrew the lens and voiding the warranty. The polarization axis is easily indicated by the tab so you won’t need to figure that out every time you have to (re)install them.
The tab helps holding the filter in place and keep it from rotating out of the polarization axis while in use. Watch here a video showing how easy it is to install EelVision filters!
On extremely bright conditions (i.e. snow, sand, direct sunlight), two eV Polarizer filters can be stacked at an angle to increase the polarized light filtering, similar to a neutral density (ND) filter.
Not recommended for diving or low light situations. See our diving color correction filters here!
What’s in the package?
The package includes 1 (one) unit EelVision Polarizer internal polarization filter compatible with the GoPro© HERO4 and HERO3/3+ housing only. Accessory will NOT fit on HERO1 & 2 housings.
– We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee and a full refund in case you decide to return the product;
– Handle filter with care, wipe fingerprints. Microscopic surface scratches on the material will not affect underwater video quality;
– Filter and camera position relative to the sun orientation may affect results;
– Keep filter and plastic packaging away from small children;
– This filter does not require removing any screws and has no interference with o-ring seals, does not pose any risk to flooding or voiding warranty;
– Designed for use with GOPRO® products. GOPRO® is a registered trademarks of Woodman Labs, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
– Price does not include camera, housing or any other accessories depicted in the pictures in this listing, other than the color compensating filters themselves.